Pumpkin Apple Muffins

Friday, November 9, 2012

My kids LOVE muffins and I am all about making them at home to keep them as healthy as possible. My older son is a bit more particular about what kind of muffin he eats, i.e.: there must be blueberries in his muffin. However, I decided to try my luck on adding some apple to these pumpkin muffins in hopes that if I mention apple then maybe he'll be more willing to try the pumpkin part of it. My younger son has already enjoyed a muffin (older son is at school during the day) and wanted more, my hubby even tried it and liked it too. One thing I have learned as my kids have been in the eating solids world is that making things from scratch isn't quite as difficult as it sounded. I used to just go straight for the premade packages and now trying to save money and make things as healthy as possible I have figured out that a couple extra minutes are SO worth making them from scratch.

This recipe can be found at Weelicious.com but I am posting it here in case I ever want to modify it.

Pumpkin Apple Muffins


Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup agave or honey
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 medium apple, peeled and grated (gala, pink lady, fuji or golden delicious are good choices)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients together.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Grease muffin tins or line them with muffin cups and fill each cup 3/4 full with the batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino