Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I had initially went to the store to grab some sushi grade ahi but none of our local grocery stores had it so I had to move to a different plan, while at Albertsons I saw they were having a sale on Mahi Mahi which I have not cooked before. I ended up buying 3 5 oz fillets because I wasn't sure how hungry we were going to be and wanted to have enough in case my little one wanted to share. This was going to be an interesting meal since I had not done this before but Googled some recipes and found a few that I meshed together to make what I made. We were happily surprised with the meal and is definitely something I will make again!

Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi

3 5-ounce mahi mahi fillets
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped in food processor
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
1 lime, sliced round
coconut milk (brushed on each fillet)
salt and pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
Combine macadamia nuts (already chopped), bread crumbs, flour and melted butter.
Slice the onion and lay the slices down on the foil to make a bed for the fish to lay on. This acts as a protection for the fish to keep it from sticking as well as adding to the flavor. Slice the lime into round shapes and rub the fish on both sides.
Season the fish with salt and pepper on both sides and lay the fillets on top of the onion bed. Lay the lime rounds right on top of the fish and seal the foil up all around the edges.
Pop in to the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
Remove from the oven, open up the foil and remove the lime wedges.
Brush the tops of the fish with the coconut milk then use your fingers to pack the macadamia crust on top of the fish.
Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
I did a quick broil after baking the fish to give the macadamia crush a bit more crunch, watch closely!
I served the fish with a side of white rice (mixed with coconut milk).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino