Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

With the chicken I had from the Costco rotisserie chicken I decided to try something new since more often than not I make my chicken tortilla soup with it (recipe for that to come soon). I had a bunch of broccoli and we always have cheese on hand so this recipe fit what was in the fridge. I decided to go pretty much with exactly what the recipe stated since it was my first time but I did read the comments a bit and modified it with those. For example, I did not use frozen broccoli. I ended up blanching it in the microwave for 3 minutes and then putting it in to the casserole. I also mixed everything together once I put the sauce on it to make sure that everything touched the sauce, not just the top, I felt this would insure that the noodles got a good amount of sauce on them. I also added a little garlic powder to the sauce to give it more flavor. Top it off with mexican cheese because that's all I had and popped it in the oven.

When it came out of the oven and we sprinkled some more cheese on the top till it melted. It turned out to be pretty good. We ate most of it with just a little bit leftover.

Here is the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/silvers-savory-chicken-and-broccoli-casserole/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino