Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Friday, July 20, 2012

I love popcorn! Almost every time I go to the movies I HAVE to have some. However, the at home microwave popcorn kind of grosses me out. The film that I get on the roof of my mouth when I am eating it annoys me. I had heard about making homemade popcorn with a technique of a paper bag, oil and kernels so I decided to try it. You take a brown paper bag, add 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, 1 Tablespoon oil and I sprinkle a little salt, then microwave for 2 minutes and 22 seconds (this is what works for my microwave). YES! It was just what I was looking for. So I bought some brown paper bags and would make it pretty often. The only downside is that the oil seeps through the bag pretty quickly and leaves a bit of a puddle in my microwave. So I would have to put a folded paper towel underneath to catch some of it. But it was worth it to have that non-filmy popcorn quickly popped in the microwave! LOVE IT!

Then I was doing some shopping at Target recently and stumbled upon this microwave popcorn popper container from Nordicware that you put the popcorn kernels in and pop in the microwave. Since we make tons of homemade popcorn at home I decided to give it a try and I am so glad I did. This thing is awesome! I don't even need oil. Just put 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in the container, put on the lid and put it in the microwave for about 2 1/2 minutes. I have had perfect popcorn ever since and no oil film at all. PLUS, there is such a small amount of unpopped kernels at the bottom in comparison to my brown paper bag popping or even the store bought microwave popcorn that I am sold on this thing! I would highly recommend checking this thing out, the added bonus is it's under $10 and you can use it over and over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino