Minestrone Soup

Monday, July 23, 2012

I had some leftover chicken broth that I needed to use or put in the freezer so I decided to make life easier on me today and made a soup in the crock pot. I normally make this soup or a version of it on the stove but I thought I would utilize the crock pot so that dinner would be ready without me having to get in there ahead of time to prepare it.  

Minestrone Soup
Chicken Broth (I used all the broth that resulted from one rotisserie chicken carcass)
ground turkey (cooked prior to adding)
1 can corn
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can beans (I use either kidney beans, black beans or pinto beans depending on what I have on hand)
diced onion
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp chopped garlic
orzo (I prefer orzo but I've also used rice and other types of pasta if that's all I have on hand)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino