Lime and Cilantro Fish Tacos

Sunday, July 29, 2012

I have been making a basic fish tacos recipe for some time now sort of creating it out of what we had in the cupboard (which is pretty much the premise of my blog being that almost all of my recipes I post are from things we have in the kitchen at the time of cooking). These have been a hit a multitude of times whenever I have some family come over and I am making them dinner. They are quick and easy and taste great!

I start out breading the fish (we use tilapia more often than not) with either traditional breadcrumbs or panko bread crumbs (one time I put some almonds in the food processor and coated the fish with that since my hubby's brother who is allergic to Gluten and they turned out good too - a little different but good). While I am breading the fish I put some oil in a pan and heat it up. Then lay the fish in the pan a few at a time to not overcrowd the pan.

While the fish is cooking I toast some corn tortillas in the toaster oven and cut up tomatoes and cabbage. Once the fish is cooked I place 4 tortillas on to a plate and begin putting it all together. It goes in the following order: fish, cilantro salad dressing from Trader Joe's, cabbage, tomato and lime juice. The cilantro dressing is the key to these fish tacos! It seriously makes them so it is worth it to get some of this if you don't already have it. We keep it on hand since fish tacos are a staple in our house.  

Lime and Cilantro Fish Tacos

tilapia
corn tortillas
chopped cabbage
chopped tomatoes
cilantro
lime juice
cilantro salad dressing from Trader Joe's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino