Random Chicken Soup

Sunday, July 15, 2012

I call this Random Soup because I pretty much just grabbed some things that I have in my house and put them together. My kids are complete opposites when it comes to eating. T is super picky and will hardly touch anything I make but K is much more willing to try whatever I am eating. All the items I chose for this soup are things K likes so that helped lead the direction of what went in (besides the fact that I was grabbing things that I had in the kitchen).

I started with some frozen chicken stock that I had made a couple weeks ago from a Costco rotisserie chicken. Then I cut up some tomatoes and onions. I let them cook for a bit before I put in the black beans and corn. When I felt that the soup was simmering well enough and that it only had about 10 or so minutes left to cook I put in the uncooked bag of alphabet pasta. I followed the directions and let it cook for about 10 minutes. This made the soup turn pretty thick because the pasta noodles soaked up a lot of the chicken stock (so if you like your soup more soupy, you might want to cook your noodles by themselves ahead of time and then just put them in the mixture). I then shredded the drained chicken and let it simmer for a few more minutes until the chicken was warm.

It was pretty hot when I put it in the bowl so I separated some for K into a smaller bowl and let it cool in the freezer for a couple minutes. He devoured it and then wanted some of mine! So I was happy with the results. It wasn't the fanciest of soups (which most of my food isn't very fancy, it's just food that we like) but it was a pleaser for K and I.  T actually ate a handful of the black beans from the soup so I scored a few points there.

My measurements on this one are pretty vague because like I mentioned above it was made up of items I had in the house.  

Random Chicken Soup
1 container of chicken stock
1 tomato diced
1/2 medium onion diced
1 can black beans drained
1 can corn drained
1 bag (7oz) alphabet pasta uncooked
1 can peas drained
1 can cooked chicken breast drained and shredded
Dash of Parsley and Garlic Powder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Yummie Tummie Recipes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino